Friday, July 9, 2010

Shut Your Mouth! Uber Sexy Countertop Options

As a design professional and countertop expert, I have the privilege of seeing numerous countertop materials, finishes and colors on a daily basis. I thought I would take a minute to highlight my favorites.




Sucuri Granite:







This natural granite stone is definitely NOT for the faint of heart! The color pallet in this granite runs from peach to brown to black with lots of quartz throughout. It has varied texture with lots of highs and lows in the stone because of it's numerous components. Personally, my favorite feature of this granite is the sweeping black veins running through the stones. "Sucuri" is Portuguese for "Anaconda" and the slithering black rivers crawling through slabs of this gorgeous material describe it perfectly! Granite is always one of my top choices for countertops because, as my kitchen design expert friend, Nick (www.cupboardsonline.com) always says, "granite countertops are the ultimate, one-of-a-kind antique" but Sucuri granite leads the pack for my overall favorite granite selection.




Stained Concrete Countertops:





Oh how I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE stained concrete countertops! They are durable, ultra chic and so very, very practical! You can get concrete countertops in just about any pattern, texture, color or finish your heart desires to create the perfect touch to your space. The tops are custom fabricated so your imagination typically is the only thing hindering your unlimited possibilities. 






Metals:





Stainless steel leads the way in metal countertop options but other metals, such as copper, are also popping up in homes all over the globe. Metals make easy, no fuss countertops that are completely sanitary and incredibly durable. They add an industrial, urban loft element to any space and create quite the show-stopping statement, particularly when accent lighting is hung directly abo




So, now that you know what I consider to be "shut your mouth! uber sexy counertops", please let me know, by posting comments, what your favorite countertop materials are! 





No comments:

Post a Comment